Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Launch Party

Wakefield, MA
9:27pm

Hello everybody and WELCOME to the red carpet. We are coming to you LIVE from Chris Mathison's bedroom at the official Jack and Jack and Coke Launch Party, brought to you by Bud Light, the Boston Red Sox, outdated Dell laptops, and the impulsive 6 tickets I just bought for the New Kids on the Block reunion tour. Rock and roll baby.

Tonight is turning into a who's who of people who live in my parents' house, as my girlfriend just made an appearance. Adorable? Definitely. Alcohol tolerance of a six-year-old? You betcha. And she just delivered this gem, just in time to make it into the blog: "Are you losing weight? Because your head looks smaller." I embrace these things because I'm in love.

Some background on your blogger: 'Funemployed' graphic designer and frontman for promising local cover band BEARfight, graduated from one of New England's most prestigious Prep schools in 1999, then spent 7 years at the easiest 4-yr college in the country engaging in various fruitful activities like jumping off roofs naked and playing guitar at dive bars, all the while accruing a stellar amount of debt. During that time, played and coached lacrosse for the Sun Devils, posting an impressive 24-50 record. But we beat U of A. Also of note: within 18 months of Mathison's coaching tenure with the Sun Devils, the team's three female managers ended up 1)working at Hooters, 2)in Playboy, and 3)pregnant, respectively. None of which was my fault, to the best of my knowledge. Anyway, don't judge me. You try graduating from that school on time. I can give you a hundred reasons why it took so long, only 8 of which are in the photo to the right. That was that chick's actual haircut. Irregardless...

Hoping to capitalize on the wild, sweeping success of 2004's "Myspace - About Me" section and countless well-received Away Messages over the years, I'm hoping you'll enjoy the forthcoming posts as much as I'll enjoy writing them. You'll notice I spend most of my time pointing out the ridiculous things in life. To that end I could have very easily named this RidicuBlogs. But I found it only fitting to name this space after the one thing that's led to more ridiculous happenings than all the others combined, my drink of choice: The Jack and Jack and Coke.


Probable discussion topics include but are not limited to:
Live music, Day-drinking, the Red Sox, Las Vegas Nevada, High School lacrosse, words I made up, Jack Bauer, Arizona State, job hunting, The Office, the guy who runs trivia in Manchester on Wednesday nights who drives me friggin insane, and most importantly, my friends and family. Without whom I'd be drinking alone.
So drop a line, comment at will. I'll be posting my opinions which should be taken as facts, and I'll throw in some enjoyable pictures and videos along the way. I'm pretty sure this kind of thing has never been done before, so we're really breaking ground here with this 'blogging' thing. Or 'yogging.' It might be a soft B, I'm not sure.

...and here's to life.

Song of the day:
The Refreshments - Mekong

2 comments:

Lisa Lisa said...

"The sweeping success of your 'About Me' section" You seem modest. I like that about you. That and your hilariousity. I like your yog. Bye.

Nicholas said...

I hope you get this thing going and provide us all with a daily ounce of perspicacity.

I'm down with the Yog. Keep it up.

ps: can I note that when you want to leave a comment here, it asks for the writer to do a "word verification". The word I'm supposed to verify is AFQTXDVD. What the hell is that?